Want to power up your life, just a little? The key is your zodiac sign’s element. See, the twelve signs of the zodiac are divided into four elements: fire (Leo, Aries, and Sagittarius), air (Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius), earth (Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn), and water (Pisces, Cancer, and Scorpio). Tap into your element, and you can enhance your own ~natural power~.
Each element is associated with certain personality traits and gifts—for example, fire signs are charismatic AF and water signs are extremely intuitive. You already have these traits, but you can tune into them more deeply with a meditative ritual that amplifies and enhances your natural power. So, fire signs get even MORE charisma and confidence, and water signs are basically psychic. Sound interesting? Want to try? Here’s what to do:
First, get to know your zodiac sign’s element.
- Fire signs (Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius): Fire is a seeking, transformative element. It attracts attention, so it gives fire signs charisma and the ability to change an atmosphere.
- Water signs (Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces): Water is a fluid, shaping, magnetic element. It gives water signs deep intuition and the ability to understand what’s being left unsaid.
- Air signs (Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius): Air is a dispersing, expanding, conveying element, and it gives air signs their sparkling creativity and an ability to imagine the (im)possible.
- Earth signs (Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn): Earth is a compressive, binding, anchoring element, and it grants earth signs their resilience and their ability to build and manifest their desires.
Then, find a physical representation of your element.
- Fire signs (Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius): Try lighting a candle or tea light, or even a bonfire. (Practice fire safety, of course!)
- Water signs (Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces): Hop in the bath, stand near a running river, or even just grab a glass of water.
- Air signs (Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius): Go outside on a breezy day, turn on a fan, or hold a feather.
- Earth signs (Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn): Step out into your backyard or a nearby park or garden, sit near your favorite succulent or house plant, or hold a flower.
Now, begin your ritual.
- First, head to a quiet place, as free from outside distraction as possible. Get in a comfy position and close your eyes. To begin, take four deep breaths: Breathe in, hold your lungs full, exhale, and hold your lungs empty for a count of four.
- Think about your element and visualize its physical presence and characteristics (like, a roaring fire, a windswept cloudy sky, a beautiful forest, an ocean at night). Imagine the landscape in your mind with as many senses as you can. Stay here with your element for a minute or two, building this image bigger and in more detail.
- Next, scan your own body and identify the places where you feel a stirring of power. This is where your elemental power is present. It could be in your heart, hands, gut, crown of your head, or throat… anywhere!
- Now, shift your awareness to the middle of your chest and imagine all the power going into the center of your body, like a magnet is pulling it there. Imagine it building and growing, glowing, and pulsing.
- Finally, begin to draw in elemental power from the environment around you. Think of that concentration of power inside you as a signal to your element. Suck the elemental power out of the atmosphere and into your center, and feel yourself growing stronger and more powerful.
- When you feel that you are fully charged, come back to your conscious self. Take a few more deep breaths, again for a count of four. When you’re ready, open your eyes.
Finally, use that power!
There’s no time like right now to begin a task or project that uses your natural elemental power! Here are some ideas:
- Fire signs (Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius): Make a big decision, have sex, go on a date, work out, begin a manifestation practice, get social, meditate about your desires and intentions, or begin a new ritual with fire (like pyromancy, or candle magick).
- Water signs (Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces): Release negative feelings, analyze an interpersonal situation, use a crystal for emotional healing, take a long nap, prepare a fulfilling meal, have a forgiving conversation, or try to lucid dream
- Air signs (Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius): Study something, begin a new hobby, look at a situation from a new POV, have a difficult situation, write a letter, sing, get a head massage, do a tarot reading, or write poetry.
- Earth signs (Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn): Reflect on your favorite memories, make a scrapbook, write out your schedule, make long-term plans, plant seeds, do shadow work, reorganize your space, or physically—or psychically—cleanse your space.