Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted he expects WWE to tone down on the “weird verbiage” with Vince McMahon having retired.
- Meltzer also said he believes there will be a power grab for creative control within WWE now. Triple H will also likely be more involved but just how much remains to be seen.
- Fightful Select says “multiple top stars” seemed dejected by McMahon’s retirement and they had no idea it was happening. There are other talent who do not believe this is permanent.
- Part of the reason for Liv Morgan’s recent push is that WWE felt SmackDown needed a “new top tier woman babyface” after Sasha Banks & Naomi’s walkout, per Meltzer.
- Vince McMahon worked closely with Max Dupri on the presentation of his character, says Fightful, and Vince retiring could open the door for Dupri’s return.